We thank all the attendees and recipients who joined us on December 8th for our Annual Victory Celebration. To commemorate this event we have put together a photo gallery to share with family and friends the successes and joy we have built together this year.
This year’s winners were:
- Honorable State Representative Will Guzzardi for his legislative advocacy supporting people experiencing homelessness in Illinois
- Honorable State Representative Lakesia Collins for her legislative advocacy supporting the expansion of early learning opportunities for families in care
- Start Early- Illinois Policy Team for their advocacy in expanding early learning and supportive services for families and their children
- Commissioner Marisa Novara and Commissioner Brandie Knazze for their leadership in providing housing for households living doubled-up
- Deb Dempsey, Kane County, Regional Office of Education, for her advocacy on behalf of students experiencing homelessness
- Bob Palmer, of Housing Action Illinois, Les Brown Award for Excellence in Public Policy
- Research Advisory Board Members Heartland Alliance’s Social IMPACT Research Center in recognition of the creation and development of the TANF Research Project
As we end 2022 Victory Celebration and enter 2023 we look forward to our collaboration with the community working to ensure housing is accessible to everyone. Addressing homelessness has many layers and together we will continue to be tenacious to make housing a human right.