Led by 15 formerly homeless youth and adults, our Speakers Bureau reaches about 4,000 people a year at events hosted by schools, universities, religious and civic groups.
“What the coalition does is let my face and voice represent what we need to do to make a change,” says Leeanna Majors, a founding leader on the Speakers Bureau.
Passionate about their work, our speakers are among the most active homeless leaders at CCH. They talk about their own lives and advocate on issues related to school access, housing and jobs, and developing opportunities for homeless and at-risk people to get back on their feet.
The Speakers Bureau reached 2,702 people at 80 venues in FY19.
Through outreach, the Speakers Bureau also mobilizes students to work with CCH. In the 2018-19 school year, 234 high school and college students worked on service learning projects in collaboration with their schools and the Speakers Bureau.
Our topics include:
• Offering community organizing and support to emergency shelter programs
• Homeless and unaccompanied youth
• Providing homeless families with access to affordable housing
• Advocating for the educational rights of homeless children and teens
• Securing job training and living wage employment
• Community re-entry after incarceration
For more information, contact Claudia Cabrera. A fee is charged for Speakers Bureau engagements.
To schedule a speaking engagement, please complete a Speakers Bureau Request Form.