Answer: They are all guest bartenders for CCH’s newest fundraiser, Cheers For Change!
This Saturday, April 14, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., the Smart Bar will play host to an eclectic mix of bartenders who all support the mission of the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless. The Smart Bar is located at 3730 N. Clark St., two blocks north of Wrigley Field.
There’s no dress code and no cover charge, but all the bartenders’ tips are donated to CCH programs. So come join us – we will be raising our glass, raising our voices, and raising money for this vital work!
For a month, 18 bartenders have been encouraging tax-deductible “tips” online, including donations from friends who cannot attend but wish to show their support. To date, almost $7,900 has been raised!
Four local DJs – Intel, Trew, Merk One and Maker – will be donating their talents to bring us a great mix of music. You can follow their tweets at #Cheers4Change
Some familiar faces will be behind the bar slinging drinks, including:
• 27th Ward Alderman Walter Burnett Jr., who helped to successfully spearhead the Sweet Home Chicago affordable housing campaign last year.
• Michelle Saddler, a former long-time CCH Board president and director of the Illinois Department of Human Services.
• Vince Lynch, longtime supporter of CCH, who for six years ran a successful CCH fundraiser called Summerfest.
• Jaquie Algee, a CCH Board Vice-President and the director of external relations for SEIU Healthcare Illinois/Indiana
For a complete list of bartenders and to offer a tax-deductible “tip” online, go here:
– Michael Nameche, Director of Development