Are you a current student or recent graduate who cares about social justice issues? Are you interested in learning more about community organizing? Are you looking to get valuable field experience to strengthen your resume?
The Chicago Coalition for the Homeless is convening a cohort of students and recent graduates to help expand our virtual organizing footprint, register voters, and pass a Fair Tax in Illinois! By participating in this cohort, you will learn key principles of community organizing, network with other students, and professionals passionate about social justice and better understand how to be civically engaged to address homelessness and other social justice issues. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the cohort.
Requirements to Participate:
All meetings and activities will be done virtually
- Access to a smart phone and/or computer
- Commit to volunteer 3-5 hours a week from Sept. 15 – Nov. 20 (approx. 50 hours total)
- Participate in SIX virtual cohort meetings (meetings will be on Zoom, creating an account is free)
- Tues., Sept. 15, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thurs., Sept. 17, 2:30pm– 4:00pm
- Tues.., Sept. 29, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Tues., Oct.13, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Tues., Oct. 27, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Tues., Nov. 10, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Commit to attend TWO phone-banking sessions (flexible times, TBD)
If you are interested in joining this cohort, please register at here.
Space is limited and will be filled on a rolling basis. Register early to secure a spot.
Please contact Nick Jefferson at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Download a flyer here.