DFSS officially launched the Salvation Army’s winter beds at the Freedom Center. This is an overnight shelter that will serve single men and will be filled via 3-1-1 referrals, but also allow people to walk up or be dropped off by Outreach Teams. There will be 100 beds available every night.
Clients that are placed in this shelter through the walk up/outreach team drop-off option will not need an SR #, but will instead sign in upon arrival starting at 6:30 p.m.
Salvation Army Freedom Center
- 825 N Christiana Ave, Chicago, IL 60651
- South Door, Door A
- Overnight Congregate-Bed Shelter
Normal Hours of Operation:
- Fridays: Referrals start at 6:30 pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Referrals can be made 24/7
- Monday mornings, the shelter will close at 8:30 a.m. directly after breakfast
Monday – Thursday
Shelter will operate as an overnight shelter from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 a.m. the next day.